Thursday, April 28, 2011

Our Class Wiki- So Far

My contributions to the class wiki will be part of the New Media in Sports section.  I am currently doing research on some of the new ways live sports and its coverage is delivered to viewers.  One of the main parts of my research is in the mobile phone applications, especially the Foxsoccer application for iphone, the Espn mobile app for iPhone and Android and the Cricinfo application for iPhone.  I currently use these apps and have consulted online technology reports, along with my own experience, to provide the benefits of these new media, and also the ways in which they could be improved.

2 comments:

  1. Sports apps are great, you can always get the latest scores and up-to-date highlights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although having sports app on mobile phones to get updates is a great idea, but I really prefer the traditional way of watching tv to feel those intense sports moments. I don't think that having new media technology replace the traditional way of enjoying sport competition is a good idea. But it is obvious that new media technologies are entering into our daily life.

    ReplyDelete